Have you ever lost photos, videos or other files from your Micro SD card? It is such a waste to see all the memories just gone like that, then what to do to recover them? Well, this article will show you how to do Micro SD card data recovery.
Micro SD card is by far the smallest form of SD card exists. It can be inserted into almost any digital device: mobile phone, or smartphone, digital camera and such. And it is supported by almost every hardware manufacturer: Samsung, HTC, Nokia and such. As it develops, the capacity of Micro SD card has expanded to 32GB, 64GB or even to 128GB. With the ever expanding capacity, the data loss situation has become more common than ever. You might lose photos, videos, music or other files from Micro SD card because:
1. You accidentally deleted all the files, or formatted the card, thus all files or data on it were gone.
2. Or, when write something into the card, you plug it out before the completion of the write operation, or didn't properly eject the card, thus your Micro SD card is corrupted, and you have no access to the photos, videos and other files on your card.
To recover files from Micro SD card, the most important thing to do is stop using the card immediately. For the deleted or formatted data were still on the card, being removed from visibility. So for the full recovery of your data, don't use the card until you got your files back.
Then, we need to use the program called Card Data Recovery for Windows to recover the files from your formatted or corrupted Micro SD card. It's a powerful but easy to use data recovery program that will accomplish Micro SD card file recovery for you. There is also a Card Data Recovery for Mac for Mac users. So this guide will be divided into two parts:
1. Connect your Micro SD card to your PC with a card reader and run Card Data Recovery, click Step 1 or "Start" to continue.
2. On the left column, choose your card as the target device. Then choose a recovery mode, if you know exactly in what format your lost files are, choose Advanced Mode, otherwise, Standard Recovery it is. And click "Scan".
3. After the scanning is done, select the files to preview, and click "Recover". Then choose a location to save the files to be recovered. Please do not save the files to your card straightly, or your space will be overwritten.
4. Then hit "OK" to finish, and you can see all the recovered photos, videos or files on your chosen location.
Part 2: Recover Deleted Data from Micro SD Card with Card Data Recovery on Mac OS X
How to recover data from Micro SD card on Mac is a bit different from above.
Free Download of Micro SD Card Data Recovery for Mac:
1. Connect your Micro SD card to your Mac, then select a recovery mode. (There are two to choose, Quick Recovery is a normal one, while RAW Recovery could find the files that cannot be scanned or recovered by normal recovery).
2. Select your Micro SD card as the target partition and choose the file type you wish to recover.
3. When the scanning is over, you will see a list of scanning result, click on the file to preview and select the ones you need, and click "Recover" to recover.
4. Then save the files to your Mac, and your data will be recovered.
Your deleted photos, videos and files are thus be recovered, and you can transfer them to wherever you want.
Tip: How to Recover Data from Corrupted Micro Card
Very often the corrupted micro card problem pops up. When the card is corrupted, you have no access to the data on the card, and the card is somehow "dead". If your Micro SD card is still recognizable on your PC but cannot be opened, follow this to recover the data on your corrupted card:
1. Hit Windows button + R to open run.exe. Then type cmd to run command prompt.
2. Then enter "chkdsk x:/r"(with x being the drive letter of your corrupted card), and hit enter.
3. Then command prompt will start to run through the files and directories, when it's almost complete, it will ask you if you want to save lost chains into files, enter Y.
4. Then go back to your card, you will see the files are all back!
If it doesn't work for you, just format the card, and use Card Data Recovery to recover the formatted files from your Micro SD card!