Microsoft stated that once the SD card was set up in windows phone 7, the internal storage and SD card are combined and recognized as one storage system. And when the SD card was inserted into Windows Phone 7, normally it will be fully encrypted and locked with only use of Windows Phone, and it won't be visible to any device or OS. What a good way to keep users' royalty, by locking their cards. Of course we won't waste a card and let Microsoft to get its way, so what to do to revive the locked Windows Phone 7 SD card? Let's find out.
As it turned out, it takes some efforts to unlock the Window Phone 7 SD card, but the method I provide below is a quite easy one, as long as you have a device that can do low-level format. The devices that have been confirmed to do so are: Nokia 5530, 5800, 5700 XpressMusic, C5-00, C7, E65 (4gb max), E66, E71, N8, N79, N96, N97, Nokia Supernova, Sony Ericsson Vivaz and Sony PSP 2000 series using a microSD-to-ms Pro Duo Adapter.
Here we took Nokia E71 as our model to demonstrate. Those who have the device mentioned above, please follow.
That should do it, your card should be revived. If you don't have the device, then just follow second method to unlock Windows Phone 7 card.!
This method is little complicated with all the steps, but don't be intimidated, as long as you follow the steps, you will get it right.
Things you need before started: 1. A Windows Phone 7 device. 2. Zune software. 3. WP7 Update Cab Sender (click to download).
1. Connect USB cable from PC to phone, and enter WP7-Update-Cab-Sender folder.
2. Go to 'if needed install this tool' folder to install Setup-UpdateWP (x64 for 64 bits Windows and x86 for 32 bits Windows).
3. Copy DEV_STORAGELOCK.cab to WP7-Update-Cab-Sender folder. Then run WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat.
4. type S – (S)end Cabs to device to install.
5. After finished installation, close WP7 Update Cab Sender and disconnect USB cable from phone.
6. On your Windows Phone 7, launch StorageLock, Click yes to unlock SD card.
7. Then shutdown your phone and take out the SD card.
8. Put your SD card into card reader, after connected to PC, launch Partition Wizard Home Edition (click to download).
9. See 2 partitions on SD card and delete both of them. And create a primary FAT32 file type partition.
10. Click 'Apply' to begin the process.
That's all, unlock & revive are done. Your SD card should be good as new.
Get Card Data Recovery Now